Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our little bit of Yasaka

Our new view. We are growing lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, mizuna (a green leafy veggie), spinach, peas, broad beans and daikon (a large radish that is not so spicy) in much smaller amounts than before...but it is enough for now. ;)

The Kitchen

My Summer Surprise ( I returned from the US to find this restored chest sitting in my new kitchen. Craig and Naoki had dug it, along with two others, out of his parents' kura, storage house, and he had nursed it back to life. I had to leave a beautiful one behind at our old farmhouse and this is it's replacement! This one is about 30 years old. The others are much older and made by Naoki's great uncle. I will post those photos when they are finished. )

We only have five colors of trash bags in Yasaka- burnable, non-burnable, cans, bottles, and plastics.

The living room
Just in case we needed to be reminded just how rural we are...
Our little wash room. The washer and dryer are all one unit! I love this country!
The entry hasn't changed much...
Two views of our bedroom...

That's all. It is a squish but we love it. The perfect little nest for two...

1 comment:

Suz said...

I love it! Your place is lovely =)