Friday, September 08, 2006

Goals...


Another goal for the year is to continue studying Japanese arts...I have my first Japanese dance (Buuyo) performance in November. I am studying hard. I will wear a kimono with super long sleeves (furisode) meant for young, unmarried girls.

I started ikebana lessons tonight. The picture is my first creation.

I am studying with the Obara school. My teacher is 89 years old, maybe 130cm and super genki! I am really excited about these lessons! First my teacher puts the flowers together, explaining the basic parts of the design. I watch, memorize the positioning, pull all the flowers out, and start again. She checks my design and then I take it apart once more and redo it at home to enjoy!

3 comments:

K said...

It looks lovely.

kt said...

Mi-chan photos ready for your enjoyment...I looked at our house photos and they are from before we moved in and it looks SO different now...I will take new ones in the bright light of the weekend and post. sorry...

kt said...

hi! thanks...i am studying with Kishimoto-sensei in Yakami. i don't think she was your teacher. it is good fun huh? a skill to take home someday...someday...how has the return been??