I have introduced myself to 18 classes over the course of 3 days. Not to mention 3 staff meetings, and 3 welcoming ceremonies. I am sick of myself. But I could never tire of the questions I am asked.
-What beetles do you have in America?
-Do you have friends?
-What is your favorite (insert any word...my favorites: month, number, fish)?
-How much money do you have?
-What time did you arrive in Japan?
-How did you buy your airplane ticket?
-Why do you come so far every day? (this child was under the impression I flew to Japan every day)
-What's your job?
-Which do you like better, American or Japanese ships?
-How many babies do you have?
Each school has its own personality. My biggest school is noisy, the kids are very active and the teachers young and out-going. Each class asked me questions for the full hour. But after class, no one asked me to play. The middle sized school has middle aged teachers. The kids are more timid in class. But during each break, little girls find me, yank my arms, play with my hair and stretch out my shirt, begging me to come play. Perhaps since there are fewer kids to play they want the teacher along...The smallest school is like a big family. There are just 21 students- in the WHOLE school. We played a lot today. I had my first unicycle lesson and the bruises on my shins to prove it. I have mastered about 2 turns of the wheel or about 2 meteres before falling. Learning to ride is one of my goals for the year!! FIGHT-O!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ahhh the silly questions! They're so cute!
My grade 6 students here asked me things like, "is that your natural hair color?" and "have you seen Snakes on a Plane yet?"
Good luck with the unicycle.
Post a Comment