Sunday, February 01, 2009

Winter Wonderland

We have had a wonderful amount of snow over the past two weeks. Here are some of the photos from in and around our village.

Our driveway after I spent an hour and a half shoveling one morning
This is what I felt like doing when I finished
Another morning, the inside surface of our windows had frosted over. We also hit a new low temperature inside, 0.5C (33F)at 8a.m (it was negative 5C outside). We wondered if we had hit negative temps overnight?
The view from our bed
Looking back on our house
A snowy camellia
We love this place
We have been able to take many beautiful snow walks recently. It is so peaceful.
Who is this guy?
Very different from the palm trees I grew up with!
A nearby field. The thing in the middle is a wild boar trap.

The X-trail, the best snow car we have ever driven, beats the Subaru hands down.
Another of the chests Craig has restored. This one was made by our friend's grandfather's brother about 70 years ago. Craig replaced two pieces of wood and the drawer pulls but the rest is all original.

That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Suz said...

I love all your pictures! Thanks for sharing =)

bouquetbarb said...

Hi Honey!
I love reading your thoughtful entries and of course I love the photos!
We miss you both!
Love, Momma:)